Who Can Join?
Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years. It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting.
Scout Active Support allows people to give their time to Scouting on a flexible basis. People can still be involved in Scouting without the full-time commitment of being a leader. Scout Active Support provides a resource for Managers of local Scouting including Group Scout Leaders and Commissioners, who can use it in whichever way is required.
Spen Valley Active Support
The areas where the Scout Active Support can provide support within Spen Valley include, but are not
- Supporting groups where there is a short-term leadership need
- Helping maintain Fan Woods as part of the Fan Woods Campsite Service Team
- Helping run the Fan Woods Activity Centre and the Frank Harris Training Centre by providing
duty warden assistance
- Supporting the Fan Woods Activity Centre as a volunteer activity instructor
- Supporting the district and groups through the provision of specific skills, training provision and
technical scouting help
- Providing assistance with District competitions
- Providing support with fund raising activities within the District and also within individual
- Being a forum for the social meeting of District supporters, helpers and friends
For more information, please get in touch as at the moment we are looking to “Re-Boot” Active Support within Spen Valley, and are looking for new members to help!